Saturday, November 26, 2005

a pause for the cause

The other night at Hamburger Hamlet we had this waitress..65-70ish woman who had painted her fingernails bright blue. She was awesome, and after we ordered our drinks she was all, "You folks wanna enjoy your drinks for a coupla minutes? I need a pause for the cause." So now I am trying to bring that expression into my varied lexicon. Actually I hear expressions that I like all the time and I very rarely remember to use them, or if I do they sound contrived or something.

I am not going to write a really long post on this one in case the computer doesn't let me post again. But let me just say that Pete is being an instigator on my blog. That last comment to Lauri? Them's fightin' words....

6 Comments:

Blogger Amanda Jane said...

yay it worked! bizzack in the hiizzzouse at the goondizzocks. sorry, i'm a nerd.

11:43 AM  
Blogger Jeff said...

She was the coolest. But hopefully you don't get her when you are in a rush or a large group because she can only carry 1 plate at a time.

11:54 AM  
Blogger Pete said...

I don't understand what that meant. Did she have to poop or something?

1:51 PM  
Blogger Randy said...

I think she had to use the restroom Pete. Maybe not poop but definitely visit the lavatory. Perhaps she was riding the Crimson Wave...???

7:31 PM  
Blogger Pete said...

She was definitely going to drop a duece. I hope she washed her hands.

12:59 AM  
Blogger Jeff said...

My interpretation of the comment: She noticed how much energy there was in our order of two sapphire and tonics. Clearly, she picked up on our desire to escape the long Tuesday and made the comment using the lingo she picked up as a teenage cocktail waitress in some smokey jazz dive in late 40's Chicago. Then she dropped a load.

11:05 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home