Sunday, September 25, 2005

I friggin' LOVE fall

Of all the seasons, I have to say fall/autumn wins in my book hands down. I was just outside walking to get my laundry (I should have been out hiking on a beautiful day like today, but alas, to and from the laundry room was about the extent of it), and it feels like fall, it smells like fall, which in turn has the power to put me in a good mood. <--esp relevant to Jeff who has to put up with my moody tendencies. Anyhow, here is a non-comprehensive list of things I like:

NATURAL ASPECTS
-the light--i know that sounds wierd, but we're at a different spot relative to the sun in fall, and it makes the light in the sky sort of more white-colored or golden. Kind of like morning light but you get it during the day.
-the relatively dry, cool air
-the colors -even though So. Cal. is no Maine in terms of leaves, I still have to put this on the list
-sometimes it gets windy in the fall-i enjoy wind.
-associated Holidays:
HALLOWEEN-which has its own subcategories
-my all-time favorite Holiday, stemming largely from the fact that I used to have awesome Halloween-themed birthday parties as a kid, featuring haunted houses in the garage(Melanie used to play the vampire bride that would come to life when you walked past) and bean-bag tosses through a giant wooden Jack-o-lantern. Also, there was always this kick-ass carnival at my school.
-little kids dressed up are really cute
-it's healthy to celebrate scary stuff sometimes
-candy-although I don't generally do this part of it anymore
-eating roasted pumpkin seeds
-Halloween movies
-Halloween parties
-pumpkin patches and festivals
-all related items of home-decor
-p.s.-Jeff and I are planning to throw our first annual Halloween extravaganza NEXT year after we have our new place and you're all officially invited.

OKTOBERFEST-no explanation necessary, although this only reminds me that there won't be one at the Crown this year. Boo-Hiss.

THANKSGIVING
-I'd really like to say that this holiday is all about being thankful, but it really just boils down to the food, especially the pumpkin pie.
-all related items of home decor. I'm turning into a nerdy homemaker. I guess that's better than a homewrecker.

CLOTHES
-I finally get to start breaking out my long sleeve clothes and sweaters, which I find much more comfortable than my summer wardrobe, and provides me with much more versatility.

Okay, well I think that's about it. dammit, now i'm craving pumpkin pie.

1 Comments:

Blogger Lauri said...

I guess i never really thought much about fall/autumm, but your blog got me all in the mood. There's something about the air on Thanksgiving and Christmas thats so crisp and everyone's cooking, you can smell it. Ok now i want some ham or something.

12:55 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home