Saturday, October 01, 2005

"The More We Get together the happier we'll be..."

Three words: Special Day Class preschool.

For those of you who aren't too familiar with the world of education that means a preschool class full of kids with some kind of disorder-emotional problems, or developmentally delayed. I am now a "behaviorist" in a classroom that has six-seven adults and eleven students. It's pretty much what you would expect a preschool class to be like except there's more screaming and "accidents"(not everyone knows how to use the potty-This part of the job is not as fun). But the kid I am working with is really sweet and pretty smart, and extremely cute. Just a little disengaged at times. There is one kid that has a face that looks like a 40 yr old mobster face but he's only three. All of the kids are pretty darn cute. We have circle time, and free play time, and story time, and art time, and center time. all of it is loud. but it pays decent and i like it a lot better than what I was doing before. And if you're wondering what the subject title is about it's because I got to sing that song twice yesterday:

The more we get together, together together,
The more we get together the happier we'll be
Cause your friends are my friends and my friends are your friends
The more we get together the happier we'll be.

I think it has some truth to it...I mean, it has so many different levels...

1 Comments:

Blogger Jeff said...

Three words: 1.Special 2. Day 3. Class 4. preschool Maybe yo're taking on their disabilities.

And you should set up the word verification so lucky balaraman is shut out. Not that this isn't one of the best blogs I've seen.

11:07 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home